Rare opportunity to acquire 0.27 acre of land just south of Arklow, off the R772, close to junction 21 on the M11. The plot is 1.5 miles from the sandy beach at Clogga Strand. It is an elevated position with a pretty view of the hills to the west.
It is in an area zoned as a RURAL in the coastal AREA OF OUTSTANDING NATURAL BEAUTY. It is immediately adjacent to lands zoned RE (Existing Residential) in the current Arklow Local Area Plan.
Almost 30 years ago the house standing on this site was destroyed in a fire and never rebuilt. A planning application in 1998 for a replacement house was abandoned, due to the illness of one of the applicants, following a request for further information. All that remains is the 400 sq.ft. slab, the well house, an outhouse and an overgrown gate and driveway. The council now considers this plot to be abandoned.
Coordinates of plot (cut and paste into Google Maps to find it) are 52°46'21.2"N 6°09'42.8"W
The electricity connection is over 20 years old. A new connection would be required.
The original well may no longer be suitable. Ground water may not be potable.
The original septic tank is unlikely to meet modern standards.
THIS PLOT IS FOR SALE AS IS.
- Immediately adjacent to lands zoned residential in the current Arklow LAP
- Less than 2 minutes drive from the M11 - Junction 21
- 1.5 miles from the sandy beach at Clogga Strand
- The whole of Arklow lies within 5km of this site.
- SOLD AS IS
- Zoned rural in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Less than 10 minutes drive from Arklow Railway Station
Coordinates of plot (for finding it on google maps)